Videos are powerful tools. They capture the attention of your audience immediately.
With tablets and smartphones on the rise, customers are online most of the day. And one of the main things people want to see is video; entertainment clips, informational videos and product how-tos. Not only are they a hit with viewers, they’re also very successful for businesses. In fact, consumers are 85% more likely to take action after seeing a video than a static image or text update.
They can improve your search engine optimisation too. Providing videos are coded with keywords used when searching for your company, you’re 53 times more likely to appear on page one of a Google search.
Fancy giving video a go? Try following these simple steps:
- Keep it short. Less than three minutes is ideal.
- Convey your message in a personal way. Videos show your audience the face behind the company and can create a sense of trust.
- Don’t overload with info. Provide just enough to give the customer an insight into your company, but not so much that their brain explodes.
- Keep it simple. Customers don’t want to hear technical jargon (again, exploding brains, not nice).
- Leave your customer with a reason and way of getting in touch. A personalised email or unique phone number can be useful in measuring the success of the video.